Individual Needs Assistant (INA)
We are seeking to appoint a hard-working, resilient, energetic and creative person to join our school team as an Individual Needs Assistant in our reception class from 1st September 2022. The post is for 32.5 hours per week, term time only from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Monday to Friday. You will be paid at Grade 3 point 7, £18,887 pro rata per annum. The actual salary will be £14,460 per annum. The post is fixed term as it is to support a child with an Education Health Care Plan with autism and speech, language and communication needs.
Sedlescombe is a rural one form-entry Church of England Primary School at the heart of the village. It is a happy school in which all strive to do their best for the children, their families and each other so that everyone reaches their full potential. At its last inspection the school was judged as securely good.
We are seeking to appoint someone who:
- enjoys supporting children in their learning and with their over-all well-being, including intimate care
- is positive and nurturing with strong behaviour management skills including knowledge of strategies to support children with autism and Speech, Language and Communication needs
- is a team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can work collaboratively with staff and parents
- is caring and committed to developing and nurturing the whole child
- willing to join in fully with our Christian ethos and the life of our school
- can be creative and able to work on their own initiative
- can work with children on an individual and small group basis
- has a strong knowledge and experience of working in the Early Years and with children with Autism and Speech, Language and Communication needs
If you would like an informal conversation about this role, please speak to Mrs. Naomi Oakley (Inclusion Leader) who will be happy to help. Please call her directly on: 01424 871110 or leave a message with the school office on: 01424 870585.
The Closing date for applications is 12:00 pm on Monday 4th July please e-mail your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place on Monday 11th July