Intervention TA (1 Year Fixed Term Contract)
We are seeking to appoint a hard-working, resilient and creative person to join our school team to work as an Intervention TA across the school. The main purpose of the role is to support small groups of children and children 1:1 with mastering key learning skills to support their learning back in the classroom. In addition to this the post will include running lunchtime intervention groups for our vulnerable pupils. The post will commence on 1st September 2021 and will initially run for one year with the post ending on 31st August 2022.
The post is for 17 hours per week worked over 4 days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm with a 15 minute break.
Sedlescombe is a rural one form-entry Church of England Primary School which is part of the family of schools within the Diocese of Chichester Academy Trust (DCAT). It is a happy school in which all strive to do their best for the children, their families and each other so that everyone reaches their God-given potential. The school is currently graded as good by OFSTED and has aspirations to be an outstanding school.
We are seeking to appoint someone who:
- enjoys supporting children in their learning and over-all well-being
- is positive and nurturing with strong behaviour management
- is a team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can work collaboratively with all staff and parents/carers
- is caring and committed to developing and nurturing the whole child
- willing to join in fully with our Christian ethos and the life of our school
- can be creative and adaptable
- can work with children on an individual and small group basis using own initiative when needed
- has knowledge and experience of working with children with a range of learning needs including dyslexia, speech and language and social and emotional needs
Closing date for applications is Thursday 15th July. With interviews taking place the following week.
Informal visits to the school are welcomed. To arrange a visit please call the school office and arrange to talk to Mrs. Oakley (Inclusion Leader) on 01424 870585