Welcome to our Term 1 Topic
Here is a taster of what we will be learning about in this topic:
Do you want to be friends? Would you like to play with me? We will be exploring these questions and more in this project about friendship, being kind and working together.
In particular we will be thinking about:
• being kind
• being helpful
• similarities and differences
• people who help us
- Be courageous learners, persevering and taking risks
- Always be aspirational and try our best
- Treat everyone with kindness and help each other
- Be honest and well mannered
- Look after and value everything in our school
- Move around the school quietly and safely
During their first weeks at school the children will be introduced to a printed handwriting (no lead ins and outs) style and will learn how to write their names using this style of writing. The children will also be learning about number through a variety of activities in the classroom and outside learning area. They will be learning about counting, ordering adding and subtracting.
The children will also be learning about how to stay healthy and will get to use the balance bikes and trikes in the Sports’ Area.
Do you want to be friends Term 1 overview A3
Click the link above to see the overview for the term.